Research strategy | Applied Sciences homework help
Design a research strategy in order to answer a research question.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are a first-year graduate student. You are taking a graduate course on research and writing. In this assignment, your professor has asked you to design a research strategy for a research question and write the Methods section of a research paper.
In a paper for your professor, create a methods section for a research study:
- State the research question and explain what the research strategy will be for answering that question. Will it follow quantitative, qualitative, or mixed method strategy? Explain why the chosen strategy is appropriate. Use research to justify the choice.
- Detail the steps that will need to be followed in the strategy and what will need to be considered.
- Explain the plan for collecting data:
- What type(s) of data will be collected and how much?
- Where will the data orginate?
- How will data be analyzed and interpreted?
For writing assistance, please visit the Rasmussen University Writing Guide.
For help with APA, visit the Rasmussen University APA Guide.
For information on research methods, the following books are good resources:
- C Adams, J., Raeside, R., & Khan, H. A. (2014). Research Methods for Business and Social Science Students. New Delhi: Sage Publications Pvt. Ltd. Link to book.
- Adams, J., Raeside, R., & Khan, H. A. (2014). Research Methods for Business and Social Science Students. New Delhi: Sage Publications Pvt. Ltd. Link to book.