Nurs 6531 wk 5 discussion question
Discussion: Examining Chest X-Rays
Chest x-rays are an invaluable diagnostic tool as they can help identify common respiratory disorders such as pneumonia, pleural effusion, and tumors, as well as cardiovascular disorders such as an enlarged heart and heart failure. As an advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to differentiate a normal x-ray from an abnormal x-ray in order to identify these disorders. The ability to articulate the results of a chest x-ray with the physician, radiologist, and patient is an essential skill when facilitating care in a clinical setting. In this Discussion, you practice your interprofessional collaboration skills as you interpret chest x-rays and exchange feedback with your colleagues.
· Review Part 10 of the Buttaro et al. text in this week’s Learning Resources, as well as the provided x-rays.
· Reflect on what you see in the x-ray assigned to you by the Course Instructor.
· Consider whether the patient in your assigned x-ray has an enlarged heart, enlarged blood vessels, fluid in the lungs, and/or pneumonia in the lungs.
By Day 3
Post APA format (picture of xray attached below saved in jpeg and pdf)
1. A description of what you see in your assigned patient x-ray. (both normal and abnormal findings)
2. Then, explain whether the patient has an enlarged heart, enlarged blood vessels, fluid in the lungs, and/or pneumonia in the lungs.